Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards 500 L #1610374
- Highest rating: 4
- Lowest rating: 1
- Descriptions: Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards, 500 µl #1610374 Mixture of 10 recombinant proteins of precise molecular weights 8 blue-stained bands
- More : Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards, 500 µl #1610374 Mixture of 10 recombinant proteins of precise molecular weights 8 blue-stained bands
How To Choose The Ideal Protein Standard
In the following post, we will share with you a practical guide for selecting appropriate protein standards. The information was distilled from an article published in issue 127 of Bio-Rad Laboratories BioRadiations Magazine and can be found in its entirety on page 11 when clicking on this link. The guide will be broken down into both gel electrophoresis and western blotting applications.
Gel ElectrophoresisUnstained StandardsWhen using gel electrophoresis for molecular weight determination, unstained standards are the ladders of choice. Unstained standards are unencumbered by protein dyes and therefore give the most accurate electrophoretic mobility pattern. They are also required when a fluorescent dye is used to stain the gel or blot to visualize total protein.MW estimation can be determined by plotting unknowns agains a standard curve which is generated by calculating the relative mobility of each protein standard and plotting the mobility of each band against the log10 of its MW.
Prestained standardsPrestained standards are ideal for monitoring the progress of electrophoresis.
Fluorescent StandardsFor those who are utilizing fluorescently labeled antibodies in your experiments, Bio-Rads Precision Plus protein standards, dual color, Kaleidoscope and WesternC prestained standards include bands that fluoresce when excited by different wavelengths of light which can be useful for multiple detection when multicolored antibodies are chosen.
Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards #1610374edu
- Highest rating: 4
- Lowest rating: 2
- Descriptions: Description · Mixture of 10 recombinant proteins of precise molecular weights · 8 blue-stained bands and 2 pink reference bands
- More : Description · Mixture of 10 recombinant proteins of precise molecular weights · 8 blue-stained bands and 2 pink reference bands
Read Also: How Much Protein Are In 2 Eggs
Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards From Bio
- Highest rating: 3
- Lowest rating: 1
- Descriptions: Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards contain ten prestained recombinant proteins , including eight blue-stained bands and two pink
- More : Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards contain ten prestained recombinant proteins , including eight blue-stained bands and two pink
Precision Plus Protein Dual Xtra Prestained #1610377 Selectscience
- Highest rating: 4
- Lowest rating: 3
- Descriptions: 500 l, mixture of 12 recombinant proteins 9 blue-stained bands and 3 pink reference bands.
- More : 500 l, mixture of 12 recombinant proteins 9 blue-stained bands and 3 pink reference bands.
Also Check: Kellogg’s Special K Protein Shake
Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards 500 L By Bio
- Highest rating: 5
- Lowest rating: 1
- Descriptions: This protein ladder is at the midpoint between a more expensive multicolor and the cheaper all blue. It highlights my usual cut sites in pink
- More : This protein ladder is at the midpoint between a more expensive multicolor and the cheaper all blue. It highlights my usual cut sites in pink
Free Protein Standards Selection Magnet
Place this handy selection guide magnet on your refrigerator or lab bench to eliminate the guesswork and make protein standard selection simple.
Use improved Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards for molecular weight estimation on SDS-PAGE gels and western blots.
- Mixture of 10 recombinant proteins of precise molecular weights
- 8 blue-stained bands and 2 pink reference bands
Also Check: Low Fat High Protein Diet
Durable Step Ladder Materials
Ladders are typically constructed from either wood, fiberglass or aluminum. While each material has certain advantages and disadvantages, choosing the right ladder will largely depend on the nature of your work.
- Fiberglass Ladders:A fiberglass step ladder can last a lifetime, as they resist weathering and protect you from electric shock. However, theyre heavier than their counterparts and can be more expensive.
- Aluminum Ladders: Aluminum makes for a lightweight step ladder that is also very portable, making them ideal for home and professional use. However, if you plan on working near wires or electrical currents, choose a wood or fiberglass ladder to help mitigate the risk of electric shock.
- Wood Ladders:Wooden step ladders keep you safe near power lines. However, they tend to be heavier than other materials and can eventually wear out if theyre exposed to the elements for long periods of time.
Brighter Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standard The Brightest Protein Marker Available
Bio-Rads new and improved Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standard provides increased overall brightness, offering visual robustness through the entire protein electrophoresis and western blotting workflow even during rigorous stripping and re-probing protocols making it a more effective tool for monitoring separation and estimating protein molecular weights.
Two key benefits of the new Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards are:
- Increased brightness provides better identification of target proteins on gels and blots as well as easier monitoring of gel electrophoresis and confirmation of transfer quality
- Stronger marker persistence remains on the blot even under the most rigorous conditions, boosting confidence in western blots and facilitating accurate molecular weight estimation
In a head-to-head comparison, Dual Color is brighter than the other protein markers on gels, blots, and processed blots!
Recommended Reading: High Protein Drinks For Weight Loss
New Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards Allow Easy Protein Identification In Gels And Blots
Complete the form below and we will email you a PDF version of“New Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards Allow Easy Protein Identification in Gels and Blots”
The strong marker persistence of the Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards throughout electrophoresis and western blotting, even during rigorous stripping and reprobing protocols, makes the product a more effective tool for monitoring separation and estimating protein molecular weights.
Providing the images of the entire blot is good practice for science and publications, said Dr. Federica del Monte, assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School. In order to reprobe for the loading control and keep the membranes uncut, we sometimes need to strip them. This often results in fading of the markers. The ability to publish clear blots with the marker still on is very important.
Key benefits of the new Precision Plus Protein Dual Color Standards include:
Precision Plus Protein Prestained Standards Protein Markers Bio
Supplier:Learn moreAbout VWR
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world. For information visit, www.avantorsciences.com and find us on , and .
Recommended Reading: Protein Bars With 100 Calories
Ladder Features To Consider
Choosing the right stepladder comes down to what you need to get the job done. With a range of options and features available, it may be hard to find just what youre looking for. But whether youre an aspiring DIYer or a seasoned professional, consider these special step ladder features to help you buy.
- Telescopic Reach: A telescopic step ladder is a kind of extension ladder than can lengthen to give the user more height. Collapsible step ladder models allow you to double them as twin-step ladders and allow more than one person to work at a time.
- Material Construction: Often made from fiberglass or aluminum, stepladders can also be found in wood construction. Read more below to find out which material may be right for your ladder.
- Weight Capacity: Your step ladder needs to be able to bear the weight of both you and your tools. Weight capacities are typically noted in five types with corresponding weight limits: