Sugar Free No Fruit Green Smoothie
You can either make a low sugar smoothie with just half a banana, or you can make a no sugar smoothie using stevia instead. Stevia is an all-natural, no-calorie sweetener made from an herbal shrub native to South America. Its sold in liquid form or as a powder . Stevia tastes much sweeter than sugar, so a little bit goes a long way. Since all brands differ, you will need to get to know the brand you have and adjust the amount you use to your own tastes .
Chocolate Peanut Butter And Banana Shake
Youd never guess that a cup of spinach is hiding in this delicious chocolate and peanut butter shake.
12 oz water, milk, or yogurt2 scoops chocolate flavored protein powder1 banana2 tbsp of natural peanut butter1 tbsp cacao nibs or dark cocoa powder585 calories, 59 g protein, 22 g fat, 38 g carbs, 8 g fiber
Recommended Reading: Smoothie Recipes Like Daily Harvest
How To Store Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
- To store: Its best to consume this strawberry smoothie fresh. If you prefer to store it, dont keep it for more than 24 hours in the refrigerator as it starts to separate and loses that creamy texture.
- Is this smoothie freezer-friendly? Yes! You can freeze this smoothie in an ice cube tray, and when ready to serve, just blend the ice cubes to make the best smoothie. It tastes like soft serve!
Dont Miss: King Center Ticket Office
Recommended Reading: Is Premier Protein Gluten Free
Best Fruits For High Protein Fruit Smoothies
The great thing about protein fruit smoothie recipes is that just about any fruit works. I like using frozen fruit in my smoothies because you can skip the step of adding ice. Try these fruits in your next smoothie:
Veggies and other non fruits add a nutritional punch to shakes, too. Consider spinach, avocado, kale, and cucumber.
Also Check: Easy Healthy Recipes For Two
Ingredients And Benefits Of This Low Carb Protein Green Smoothie
Unlike the regular green spinach smoothie that are loaded with frozen or fresh fruit for their sweet taste, this one is made without banana, mango, pineapple, apple, or any other sugar fruit. This is what makes the green smoothie keto and low carb, as well as super healthy.
- Frozen cauliflower This serves the purpose of a volumizer that does not contribute to the taste of the smoothie, but adds in nutrients, vitamins and minerals instead.
- Frozen zucchini Similar to the cauliflower, another no-taste, nutrient rich ingredient.
- Ripe Avocado Adds in a ton of healthy fats and fiber, some more green color to the smoothie, and also makes it super creamy! Win win!
- Spinach These are the greens in here. I would recommend fresh baby spinach since its nice and tender and really adds in a ton of nutrition to this drink. I havent tested the recipe with a frozen version.
- Vanilla Protein Powder Other than the protein boost, this is what gives the green smoothie its sweetness since theres high-sugar fruit that would make it sweet like the usuals.
- Flaxseed meal A dose of healthy fats, fiber and protein all at once from the one tablespoon added in here.
- Cinnamon Turns out this has some nutritional benefit too, but it add a nice warmth to the cool drink!
- Almond Milk Used an unsweetened almond milk to make this green smoothie sugar free, dairy free, paleo friendly and vegan too, but you can replace it with another dairy-free milk or regular milk too.
Also Check: Which Beans Have The Most Protein
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
One banana , one tablespoon peanut butter, one teaspoon cocoa powder, two tablespoons of honey, and three cups of low-fat milk or almond milk.
This smoothie is another fantastic source of potassium. Itll give you a boost in protein too. This is especially if youre looking to build muscle mass. This diabetic-friendly recipe also contains plenty of Vitamin. This will keep your immune system strong. This is so you can fight off colds easily while the calcium from dairy products here works together with magnesium found in bananas & peanut butter. These can prevent migraines as well as reduce inflammation. It is throughout the body helping anyone who has arthritis stay healthy.
What Not To Include In A Low Carb Smoothie
It took me a while to buy in to the smoothie trend, but Im fully on-board now, as long as you leave out the bananas and high fructose fruit and the high lactose dairy.
Berries or avocados are really the only fruit that works in a low carb smoothie. While berries do have carbs, they are minimal compared with other fruit and they have a lot of fiber per volume. They also are rich in many micronutrients.
Coconut milk or almond milk is a low carb way to get a dairy-like flavor. You could forgo the milk entirely and just add water if you want to lower the fat. Fat will help you stay satiated however, so dont look at fat as a diet enemy.
Smoothies can be a great way of getting leafy greens and protein into our diets, both of which have a high correlation with weight loss success.
If berries are the thing that tips you over to protein smoothies, use them! If you track your carbs, the thing to watch is to stay under your total daily goal for carbs.
Recommended Reading: Orgain Organic Protein Powder Nutrition
Back To The Earth Protein Smoothie
by Jennifer McDaniel, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD
This is an excellent post-workout recovery drink. Beets contain nitrate, which increases blood flow to muscles and acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which hold on to water, prolonging hydration and retention of electrolytes, and slowly release carbs for better endurance. Ginger can help relieve muscle soreness and reduce oxidative stress.
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 slice fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried ginger
Nutrition: 466 calories, 6.5 g fat , 10 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 677 mg calcium, 73 g carbs, 14 g fiber, 35 g sugars, 35 g protein
by Jennifer McDaniel, MS, RDN, CSSD, LD
This drinks base is almond butter, which is rich in satiating protein to power muscles. Mango is packed with vitamins C and A, which promotes immunity and cell growth. Flax seeds omega-3 fatty acids improve insulin and glucose metabolism, and some research suggests in can increase blood flow and muscle growth. Turmeric is a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant thats even been linked to increasing neuroplasticity, which can improve our memory and cognition. Turmeric can be especially be helpful if youre learning how to master a new skill in your sport its also been proven to reduce recovery time and increase endurance and performance.
by Libby Mills, MS, RDN, LDN
Best Fruits To Use For Smoothies
There is a great collection of frozen fruits to choose from, so check out your freezer aisle in the shop. Some tasty choices are
- Bananas for a thick and creamy base.
- Pineapple and mango for some sweetness and vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
- Berries such as blueberries and raspberries will give your smoothies a boost of plant chemicals called anthocyanins, which help you stay healthy.
- Kiwis are good for gut health and hydration.
Recommended Reading: How Much Protein Should I Get
What Fruits Are Low In Sugar
Im sure this question has everyone naming a variety of berries, yet berries arent the only fruits with less sugar. Check out this sweet list:
- Lemon 1-2 grams per fruit
- Lime 1-2 grams per fruit
- Raspberry 5 grams per cup
- Strawberry 7 grams per cup
- Blackberry 7 grams per cup
- Kiwi 6 grams per kiwi
- Grapefruit 9 grams per 1/2 fruit
- Avocado 1 gram per fruit
- Watermelon 10 grams per cup
- Cantaloupe 13 grams per cup
- Orange 12 grams fruit
- Peaches 13 grams per fruit
Since 1 serving of green smoothie has 1.5 cups of fruit, feel free to swap out a higher sugar fruit in any of my smoothie recipes for 1.5 cups of any fruit on this list. That will immediately lower the sugar content.
Tips For Making The Best High Protein Smoothies
I love that smoothies are easy to make and packed with nutrition. To make the best high protein smoothies, heres a few tips to keep in mind:
- Always add a source of protein. This keeps the sugar content balanced in the smoothie and helps to prevent cravings after drinking a smoothie.
- Add a source of fiber to your smoothie. Fiber is critical to weight loss. Avocado, flax, chia seeds, beans and oats are a few examples of fiber.
- Loading your blender in the following order works the best liquid first, vegetables, fruit, protein and sweetener.
- If your smoothie is too sweet, add a squeeze of lemon juice to it.
- If your smoothie is not sweet enough, add a squeeze of orange to it.
Hungry for More? delivered to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on , , and for all of the latest updates.
Don’t Miss: Dymatize Iso 100 Whey Protein Powder
Are Protein Smoothies Good For Weight Loss
Protein is absolutely necessary, whether you are trying to lose weight or not. But when you are being conscious of your eating habits, it becomes even more important.
Getting enough protein will increase your metabolism and reduce your appetite. As a result, it encourages your body to burn excess fat.
Smoothies are an easy way to add more protein to your daily diet. An extra spoonful of protein powder in this green smoothie recipe bumps up the nutrition and will leave you feeling full for a long time. If you want to change things up and enjoy smoothies throughout the week, you should also try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie and Mango Green Smoothie.
This Is My Basic Smoothie Recipe:
1 cup coconut or almond milk,
1-2 tbsp chia or flax,
1 tbsp fat like coconut oil or nut butter,
1/4-1/2 cup of low sugar fruit like berries,
a handful of leafy greens,
1 scoop of grass-fed or organic/grain-free protein.
Simply toss all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and pulse until smooth!
Now, treat this recipe a base from which you can create your own healthy smoothie recipes:
Feel free to add cocoa powder, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, and unsweetened matcha powder. These additions bring more complexity to your smoothie and can also bring other health benefits.
I occasionally like to toss some ice cubes into the blender as this adds more volume and makes the smoothie last longer.
So, weve learned that not all smoothies are created equal.
Ordering that tropical smoothie on the way to work sounds like an attractive and easy way to start the day, but by now, we know that convenience and nutrition dont tend to go hand in hand and homemade is always best!
Feel free to experiment with my recipe and share your favorite combos in the comment section below!
- THE BOSS BEHIND THE BLOGIm a Certified Nutrition Consultant, health coach, natural mama that loves tacos, rap music, good margaritas and real, sustainable food. Want nutritious recipes, natural remedies and a healthy dose of brutal honesty? I got you.
Also Check: High Protein Low Fat Snacks
How To Make A Simple Green Smoothie:
Pour the almond milk into a blender container, then add the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until smooth. If you have a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix youll only need to blend for about 30 seconds. Other blenders might take up to 1-2 minutes.
You can drink the smoothie right away, or you can let it sit for up to 1 hour before drinking. If you let it sit, the flax and chia seeds will thicken the smoothie slightly.
How Many Meals Per Bag
You get 15 meals / servings in every bag.
Our serving sizes are really big! Each serving is 2 heaping scoops of powder mixed with 12-14 fl. oz. of water.
There’s a scooper inside each bag, although sometimes you have to dig for it!
Here’s a breakdown of all the details by flavor:
2 Scoops = 2.12 oz / 60 g per serving. Total Bag Net Weight = 31.8 oz. / 900 g
Chocolate / Coconut Açai:
2 Scoops = 2.19 oz. / 62 g per serving. Total Bag Net Weight = 32.8 oz. / 930 g
2 Scoops = 2.152 oz / 61 g per serving. Total Bag Net Weight = 32.28 oz. / 915 g
How To Make A High Protein Smoothie
Making a protein smoothie is pretty simple. The important part of making a healthy protein smoothie is having a good, quality protein powder with minimal ingredients, no added sugar, but that has a great taste.
I like Garden of Life protein powder. It has no artificial colors or ingredients, no added sugar, its dairy free and gluten free and tastes great!
To make your smoothie, you simply add the ingredients to a high-speed blender and combine until smooth. The result is the perfect drinkable meal!
Peanut Butter Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk
Just wanted you to know that this Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is sponsored by my friends over at Almond Breeze!
This Keto Low Carb Smoothie With Almond Milk is an EASY sugar free 5 ingredient breakfast that tastes like a peanut butter cup! SO creamy!
Oh hey! Hi! Hello!
You probably wishing you were still snuggling in bed on a cozy weekend morning but, alas, youre running around like the crazy-busy-gotta-get-the-day-rollin kind person that I know you ARE.
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE THOUGH. Just because youre busy and running around does not mean I am giving you permission to skip breakfast. You know it IS the most important meal of the day and its going to give your busy-body the ENERGY and PUNCH that it needs to OWN the WHOLE week.
For those busy-no-time-to-cook kinda mornings when you were not your usual meal-planning-prepared self with some cookie dough overnight oats or breakfast egg muffins at the ready, this low carb breakfast smoothie is going to come in REALLLLLLL handy.
Don’t Miss: Best Whey Protein For Muscle Gain
More Ways To Add Protein To Smoothie Bowls
Outside of protein powder, there are other great ways to add protein to your smoothies and keep the same delicious flavor and texture.
- nut butter: most nut butter varieties have around 4 grams of protein per tablespoon and add healthy fats.
- peanut butter powder: lower in fat than regular peanut butter and offers 5 grams of protein per serving.
- milk: swap the almond milk for regular dairy milk and you get 8 grams of protein with 28% of the RDI for calcium.
- Greek yogurt: just ½ cup adds 15 grams of protein and a delicious creamy flavor.
How To Create A Meal Plan
From Kidney Kitchen Pro, click Create a meal plan. From here, take the following steps:
- Meal plan name: Give your custom meal plan a name so you remember who or what it is for. Make sure your meal plan is descriptive as youll have the ability to add the custom meal plans to toolkits that you can access later or share directly with others.
- Select recipes or food: For each meal/snack each day, you can add a Kidney Kitchen recipe from the dropdown menus. If you are not familiar with the recipes, you can learn more about each recipe Find recipes from the Kidney Kitchen Pro dashboard. You can add a recipe to an existing meal plan by clicking Add to meal plan to add them to a specific meal plan.
- If you plan on sending this meal plan to another person, you can add a special note in this section.
- Private notes: If you want to note something that should only be visible to you, this is where you add it.
Once youve created your meal plan, click Create meal plan to save it. If you are logged in to Kidney Kitchen Pro, you can access your custom meal plans at any time. Click on the meal plan to access the content and to share and print it for others.
Donât Miss: Curl Smoothie Mielle
Read Also: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shampoo
How To Make A Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
You can add anything you like your own smoothies, but this healthy pumpkin pie smoothie is my favorite right now. Try it and I think you will make it your new morning smoothie too!
The nutrition for 1 serving is: 164 calories 6.3g fat / 11.7g carbs / 7.1g fiber / 15.9g protein = 4.6g net carb
You May Like: Smoothie At Night For Weight Loss
Blueberry Protein Power Smoothie
This blueberry protein smoothie is packed full of protein but low in carbs. Sugar free recipe that can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Whether it is for breakfast, post-workout or just a well-earned snack, this smoothie will hit the spot.
Watch my video tutorial or scroll down to read the full recipe and get the recipe card!
You May Like: Does Protein Shakes Make You Gain Weight